News and Analysis 08 October
- Nine Years in Afghanistan and no end in sight CNN How does Schroen, who led the first team into Afghanistan after the 9/11 attacks, feel about not getting the perpetrators of 9/11? ”It’s the only thing I regret in my long career with the CIA, that we didn’t get Osama bin Laden in 2001 when we had a chance. that son of a bitch is out there still plotting to kill Americans.”
- Why did US ignore Taliban warning on 911 attack (teabreak.pk)
- Osama bin Laden’s spokesman freed by Iran (longwarjournal.org)
- Osama bin Laden ‘behind plot to attack European cities’(telegraph.co.uk)
- India Russia to soon ink advanced fighter deal Xinhua Indian Defense Minister A.K. Antony said Thursday that India and Russia will soon sign an agreement to co-develop an advanced stealth fighter.
- What if Mid east talks fail Xinhua Analysts have eyed the possible scenario if the current round of talks fail, as Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has warned that the end of the talks could lead to a rise of violence in the region and in the world.
- US decries Pakistan Afghan policy (bbc.co.uk)
- Will the US Invade Pakistan? (lewrockwell.com)
- Nato ‘unaffected’ by Pakistan row (bbc.co.uk)